Company Websites: Call To Action
If you’re looking to engage your audience and turn visitors into customers, you’re going to need an effective call to action featured on your website. Easier said than done you may think? Well we’re going to show you what a call to action is and how to create an effective one.
Call to Action Defined
First of all, a call to action (CTA) is exactly what it sounds like. It is a statement specifically designed to inspire a behavior of your choosing. That action could be for site visitors to click for more information, fill in a form for lead generation, join newsletter mailings, or call now to schedule an appointment. A CTA can appear in the form of text, an image, or a button and should plainly state what visitors’ next step should be.
Importance of a Call to Action
Simply stated, the purpose of your website is to gain customers and share information about your company, so your CTA should help you reach those goals. A CTA also can be used to measure the effectiveness of your site; they provide statistics for analysis that you can study and then use to better your site.
Quick Tips for an Effective Call to Action
- “Pop” design: Your CTA needs to stand out among other information on your site and draw in the attention of the viewer. Using contrasting or vibrant colors can catch the eye of skimmers.
- Engaging script: This part is just as important as the design. The words you use need to draw in the viewer and make them want to participate. Descriptive words and enthusiastic punctuation is always helpful.
- Make it easy: Let visitors know upfront that taking action is simple and won’t waste their time by having the CTA lead to the one destination they intended to go to.
- Imply urgency: This is a great way to encourage engagement among visitors. Be creative with your wording. For example, consider “Register now while supplies last!” instead of a flat “Sign Up” if it applies to your business.
- Show personality: A great way to attract customers is to have some fun and show off who you are behind the business. Stay away from boring CTA’s and have a little fun with it!
Creating an efficient CTA doesn’t have to be hard! Just follow these easy tips and you’ll be on your way to engaging your website visitors and encouraging them to take the next step.